Tuesday, June 26, 2012

World Tue, outdoor wed, save our world, thursday song: Roses

Paper roses arenot the best, but some of them are of  a very good quality, and it saves the environment. Just recently, I taught my students to make recycled paper rosettes. They were so happy.

 I left Auckland International Airport on Saturday morning smelling of roses, no, it wasn't my perfume. But it was Mirna Petro. I saw this arch with the big globes of paper roses and took a photo. Then Mirna came over and asked if I wanted my photo taken. After wards, I asked if I could take hers. She happily obliged.

I told her that her employer should be very proud of her and I want him to know. As an  employee at the transit lounge of any International airport, she is the first ambassador of the country. This is why I include the meme, save the world. With friendly PR employees like Mirnia, she saves the country. Tourists will spread the message that we have very friendly people in New Zealand.

Paki Paki Mirnia. She worksat JR duty free.
For sponsoring our olympics team, I give you their link. Should you come to New Zealand, go and say Hi to Mirna. Better still, say Kia Ora and tell her, I taught you.
JR/Duty Free offers world-class duty free and retail shopping, located in airports across Australia, New Zealand and Israel and in the city centre of the main capitals of Australia.
Experience the convenience of finding everything you’re looking for within one store; from luxury brands and designer fashion to an extensive range of beauty, fragrance, electronics, liquor products and wine.
Shopping within the modern and stylish surroundings of a JR/Duty Free store is a complete experience. Our friendly staff will provide expert advice and personal attention to assist with your selection.





People of my generation, who could forget Paper Roses? Marie Osmond sang this song when I was in my last year of high school. The next year, I went to teach in a secondary school, Kai Chung school in Binatang aka Bintangnor. The students are having a reunion, and this is the reason I am making this trip. It's 38 years since I had set foot on the school. It's going to be fun.

The students were also singing Paper Roses. At that time, we didn't have TV. When I went to Canada, the next year, there was the Marie and Donny Osmond show. There is no prize to guess who the boys were glueing their eyes to, and of course, the girls were on one person.

Not so long ago, on New Zealand TV, Donny was on British TV, and once Marie was there, and she sang, Paper Roses. It was nostalgic.  I realise that I have grown old. I told some of the kids , I hope they don't expect their Miss Chan to be 19 again.


 I realize the way your eyes deceived me
With tender looks that I mistook for love;
So take away the flowers that you gave me
And send the kind that you remind me of.
Your pretty lips look warm and so appealing
They seem to have the sweetness of a rose;
But when you give a kiss there is no feeling
It's just a stiff and artificial pose.

I thought that you would be a perfect lover
You seemed so full of sweetness at the start;
But like a big red rose that's made of paper
There isn't any sweetness in your heart.
Paper Rosespaper Roses
Oh how real those roses seem to be!
But they're only imitation
Like your imitation lover for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment